...Kleeshay Box

 Kleeshay is the prolific Dee Dixon's (AKA Dedwood Crafts) newest puzzle box. Unusually, for this box he sold far more 'Scratch & Dent' versions then regular, pristine-perfection ones. Dee is one heck of a woodworker so I can only assume there's something about the black walnut or the lacewood that unavoidably leads to more scratches and dents. My own copy does have a couple of noticeable chips and dings, but nothing worth caring about.


Can an idiot solve Kleeshay Box? 

Possibly, if you're lucky 

The first step is a doozy, which is going to need equal parts thinking, exploration and luck. There is a lot of noise coming from inside, but not much of it is very helpful. This idiot had to take a hint and it turned out that I had tried the right thing, just hadn't quite executed it correctly. Once I knew exactly what I had to do, it still took a couple of tries to get it right. 

Once that first step is out the way, it's a clear run to the finish line, or the finish coin in this case. There's nothing on the inside that requires a great deal of brain power. Just knowing where to look will get you a long way. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

...the 2025 Karakuri Christmas Presents?

...MPP?