... IPP Exchange Puzzles?

 IPP is a wondrous place. A mysterious land flowing with milk and honey puzzles. An enigmatic Xanadu where puzzlers frolic in bucolic glades, exotic wood grows with only the finest grain patterns, animated birds deliver your own personal unicorn along with breakfast in bed and solution sheets implanted directly into your brain so that you can feel smart and not like a filthy, filthy cheater. All the people there are 10-20% smarter, cooler and, yes, sexier than regular people. And the walls are decorated with the heads of scalpers on spikes

At least that's what I imagine, I've never been. 

I am learning though, that the next best thing is to go to the next MPP after IPP, because loads of people will chuck free exchange puzzles at you



Can an idiot solve these IPP exchange puzzles? 


PIL Box - designed and exchanged by Richard Williams - YES

One sneaky little move, but even a half-brain can figure it out eventually. 


Boarin' Burr - D&E by Steve Nicholls - YES

At its heart s a fairly simple 6-piece burr, but it's got one heck of a twist (or 6 hecks of twists?) 

I would've struggled significantly more if it had arrived disassembled. 


Monkey in the Dungeon - D&E by Ali Morris - NO

Those brass monkeys are funny guys, right? Such lovable scamps with their puns and hilarious innuendos, right? WRONG

This puzzle isn't funny at all. It sounds like it should do things, there are bits that move and things to twiddle, but none of it actually does anything. It's a cruel joke designed only to make me feel stupid. 

(Ali freely admits that the final step is horribly difficult, but I can't even get that far. If I was smarter, I think it might be excellent) 


Leaning Tower of Pizza Slices - D by 2BM & E by Allard Walker - NO

This is a type of puzzle I've never tried before. Always been vaguely intrigued by them but never pulled the trigger on buying one. I don't know how to start thinking about it. Haphazardly shoving bits together and looking for any patterns or shapes or matches hasn't worked so far, but I'm not quite ready to give up that approach yet. Maybe when I think of a better one... 


All Bar Nun - D&E by Dan Shane - YES

I thought Dan was a friend, but then he let this evil thing into my life. He may be trying to destroy me. I fear the way his brain works. He casts a shadow on this world that drives men mad and he does it with wanton glee. 

I actually got very, very lucky solving this and found the trick quite quickly. It is, as I said to Dan, 'not shit'. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

...the 2025 Karakuri Christmas Presents?

...MPP?

...Kleeshay Box