... Cobra/Hydra?

 Innovation is one of the most exciting things there is, right? Something new, something we haven't seen before, keeps hobbies and life in general fresh and alive. It doesn't need to be a big innovation, just some new little twist or a tweak can open up new areas for discovery. What happens, for instance, if you turn one of your TIC pieces cylindrical? 

Alan Lunsford wondered that, and then he found out, and then he gave the answer to us. What happens? Good things. 

He chucked out these designs onto his Printables pagr like they were throwaways, frivolous trifles undeserving of fanfare, but I think they're worth a little hype. Nothing wrong with a little hype once in a while. 

Can an idiot solve Cobra & Hydra? 

Yes, and yes

I'm a little under the weather this week so my usually limited brain power is dimished even further, but I had great fun with these. Neither are profoundly difficult, I think combined they took me about 40mins, but I don't like difficult puzzles because I'm an idiot. 

Cobra has a lovely sequence of moves with the round piece snaking its way back and forth through the others. I had to backtrack my thinking more than once to find the path. 

Hydra is a different beast with a different challenge. Two round poles must somehow slither their way past each other in the tightest of spaces. I'm still not entirely sure I know how I managed it but I'm also certain I disassembled it differently, so maybe there's two ways to do it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

... IPP Exchange Puzzles?

...MPP?

...the 2025 Karakuri Christmas Presents?