...a mysterious unnamed puzzle that appeared on my doorstep?

 Every once in a while, nice people send me stuff.

There are quite a lot of nice people in the puzzling world. I don't quite know why, but it's very rare to meet a not-nice puzzler. The generosity sometimes gets intimidating, I'm heavily in puzzle-debt to several people with no easy way to repay it (maybe because I'm just not that nice) 

Tyler Hudson is one of the nice ones, and he also has a knack for design. His puzzles generally have a beautiful appearance coupled with elegant, simple (but not easy) solutions. I've been a fan ever since Pelikan released Kuchenstuck, with all its slidey, cakey goodness. Enlaced was a wonderful brain-melter that took me aaaages to solve. I missed out on Commotion and Sierpinski's Burr due to financial impairment, but hope to add both to the collection one day. 

We've exchanged gifts a couple of times in recent years and this particular puzzle arrived alongside another that must be kept hush-hush for now (but it's excellent and bastard-hard). I'm actually not certain if this one is his own design, I believe it is. I could ask but that might spoil some of the mystery

The goal starts off quite simply, just make a square, but then you have to make another square, a different square, and that gets tricky. 

Can an idiot solve a mysterious unnamed puzzle that appeared on my doorstep? 

Yes, but... 

It's going to need one of those 3am, fuzzy-brained leaps of imagination. Logical thinking isn't going to get you very far on this one. Trial-and-error can be used if you like, but it's only going to rule out the impossible. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

...the 2025 Karakuri Christmas Presents?

...MPP?

...Kleeshay Box